Course Title: Manage Work At Height On completion of this unit, learners will have knowledge and skills in managing work at height, so that such work can be carried out safely.
Course Aim: This Competency Unit aims to equip the knowledge and skills in planning, supervising, assessing and managing of work at height.
PS1. Identify, explain and apply the relevant Workplace Safety and Health (WSH) legislation/Approved Code of Practice/Singapore Standards applicable to work at height
PS2. Identify and explain the Roles & Responsibilities of stakeholders, competent and responsible persons
PS3. Identify hazards, evaluate the risk, and implement control measures for work at height
PS4. Review the necessary fall preventive / protective control measures for safe execution of work at height
PS5. Establish, evaluate, review and implement a Fall Prevention Plan
PS6. Establish and implement a system for an effective monitoring and control of WAH risks
PS7. Don, check and correct Individual Fall Protection Equipment and respond to a fall emergency
20.5 hours (15.5 hours of Training and 5 hours of assessment)
124 Tuas South Ave 2 Singapore 637167
Course Attendance Record
Mode of training
Written Assessment(Opened book)
Part 1 – 35 MCQs
Part 2 – Choose 2 out of 5 scenario based questions
Demonstration of skills
Application forms are available from Jurong Academy office or download the application copy now
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
For all courses, the individual or company is required to reimburse JURONG ACADEMY PTE LTD the full course fee should the trainee fail to:
- achieve at least 75% attendance (for Supervisors & above courses) / 100% attendance (for workers courses);
- sit for the exam / competency-based course within the stipulated timeframe upon course completion; or
- show up for class, thereby defaulting the training slots allotted to them.
- For deferment / transfer / withdrawal of courses, a written notice must be submitted and received by JURONG ACADEMY PTE LTD 1 week before course commencement.
- For replacement of courses, a written notice, together with the full particulars of the new participant, must be submitted and received by JURONG ACADEMY PTE LTD 1 week before the course commence.
- All requests will be subjected to approval.
- Participant unable to attend the course due to their personal problems and submit a written notice at least 7 working days before course commencement, 90% of the paid fees will be refunded.
- Participant unable to attend the course due to their personal problems and submit a written notice at least 3 working days before course commencement 75% of the paid fees will be refunded.
- Participant does not attend the course without prior notice or cancel the registration less than 3 days, STRICTLY no refund.
Trainees who pass the assessment are to collect their certificate and/or safety pass within 1 month after the notification of collection. Trainees must present their IC and payment receipt for authentication before collection, and certificates and cards shall only be issued upon full payment of course fees.
- Trainees are advised to be punctual on the day of examination / assessment. Late participants may be barred from taking the examination / assessment.
- If trainee is found cheating, trainee will be barred from the examination / assessment, and JURONG ACADEMY PTE LTD will reserve the rights to take necessary actions.
- If trainee fails the examination / assessment and wish to appeal, trainee is to submit appeal form, with a fee of $50.00, within 14 working days. Appeal fee will be refundable if the appeal is successful subject to Authorities Approval
On completion of this unit, learners will have knowledge and skills in managing work at height, so that such work can be carried out safely.