Course Title: Apply Workplace Safety and Health in Construction Sites On completion of this unit, the trainees should be able identify their own roles and responsibilities in a construction job, follow safe work procedures, adopt relevant risk control measures when working at height and respond to fire emergencies.
Course Aim: This Competency Unit is a mandatory WSH training course for all workers working in construction. Construction workers are required to go through the course before they start work.
CE 2: Follow safe work procedures in a construction job
CE 3: Follow safe “Work-at-Height” procedures
CE 4: Respond to fire emergencies
18 hours (16 hours of Training and 2 hours of assessment)
124 Tuas South Ave 2 Singapore 637167
Course Attendance Record
Mode of training
60 mins (Group of 5 persons)
4-5 Jul, 6-7 Jul, 8-9 Jul, 11-12 Jul, 13-14 Jul, 15-16 Jul
Application forms are available from Jurong Academy office or download a application copy now
TERMS AND CONDITIONS
For all courses, the individual or company is required to reimburse JURONG ACADEMY PTE LTD the full course fee should the trainee fail to:
- achieve at least 75% attendance (for Supervisors & above courses) / 100% attendance (for workers courses);
- sit for the exam / competency-based course within the stipulated timeframe upon course completion; or
- show up for class, thereby defaulting the training slots allotted to them.
- For deferment / transfer / withdrawal of courses, a written notice must be submitted and received by JURONG ACADEMY PTE LTD 1 week before course commencement.
- For replacement of courses, a written notice, together with the full particulars of the new participant, must be submitted and received by JURONG ACADEMY PTE LTD 1 week before the course commence.
- All requests will be subjected to approval.
- Participant unable to attend the course due to their personal problems and submit a written notice at least 7 working days before course commencement, 90% of the paid fees will be refunded.
- Participant unable to attend the course due to their personal problems and submit a written notice at least 3 working days before course commencement 75% of the paid fees will be refunded.
- Participant does not attend the course without prior notice or cancel the registration less than 3 days, STRICTLY no refund.
Trainees who pass the assessment are to collect their certificate and/or safety pass within 1 month after the notification of collection. Trainees must present their IC and payment receipt for authentication before collection, and certificates and cards shall only be issued upon full payment of course fees.
- Trainees are advised to be punctual on the day of examination / assessment. Late participants may be barred from taking the examination / assessment.
- If trainee is found cheating, trainee will be barred from the examination / assessment, and JURONG ACADEMY PTE LTD will reserve the rights to take necessary actions.
- If trainee fails the examination / assessment and wish to appeal, trainee is to submit appeal form, with a fee of $50.00, within 14 working days. Appeal fee will be refundable if the appeal is successful subject to Authorities Approval
On completion of this unit, the trainees should be able identify their own roles and responsibilities in a construction job, follow safe work procedures, adopt relevant risk control measures when working at height and respond to fire emergencies.CE 1: Identify own roles and responsibilities as an employee in a construction job